If you’re looking for a 40-inch TV here’s a breakdown of the current best 40-inch LCD LED TV deals available today, and whatever your budget is, there is a 40-inch TV set out there that’s just the right fit for you.
Now, with plasma TVs excelling at 50-inches and bigger screen sizes, the 40-inch market is almost dominated by LED-backlit LCD TVs. Also, the recent price drop for the 4K Ultra HD TVs have made that big screen plasmas and LED TVs to be more affordable, 40 to 42-inch TV models soon to be regarded as small screens and a bargain for the advanced features they offer.
If a 40-inch TV is the perfect fit for your room and that’s what you’re looking for, bellow you’ll find a list with the best top rated 40-inch televisions along with their specs and real customer reviews! All you have to do is to compare their features and prices in order to make an informed decision regarding your purchase.
VIZIO M401i-A3 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED HDTV
- VIZIO Internet Apps Plus -Instantly enjoy the latest hit movies, TV shows, music and even more apps made for the big screen
- Razor LED with Smart Dimming for a more vibrant picture with deeper contrast -all in an ultra-thin design
- Built-in Wi-Fi -easily connect to the Internet with ultra fast wireless
- M-Series Signature Design -Give your room a designer upgrade with the M-Series razor thin, near borderless signature design
- 120Hz effective refresh rate enhanced with backlight scanning -Enjoy clear fast action scenes
Customer review: I needed a TV for my apartment. I wanted to spend under $500, I wanted a Smart LED TV with 120hz and 1080p. This is nearly impossible to find. Literally. This is the only TV you will find that has all the these features is this one. The fact that it wasn’t an off brand made it even better. Vizio is making a name for itself, and this TV is a game changer.
Pros: Great Picture, Extra Slim, Slim frame, low price, Apps
Cons: Terrible Sound, Remote. Click here for customer reviews!
Samsung UN40F6400 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz 3D Slim Smart LED TV
- 1080p HDTV with Micro Dimming: Best picture quality
- 120Hz Refresh Rate: Better for general viewing and good for video games, action movies, and sports
- Smart TV with Voice Control: Interact with streaming content and the web
- TV without stand (Width x Height x Depth): 36.5 X 21.4 X 2 Inches, TV with stand (Width x Height x Depth): 36.5 X 24.3 X 10.4 Inches
Customer review: I just got this television two days ago and the picture is absolutely gorgeous. The color is bright and vivid right out of the box. Sound is good out of the box in standard mode, not great, but its excellent in the clear voice and amplify mode. 3D is very good although can be a strain on the eyes after a while (don’t wear it for long periods). Have it setup on my new tv stand that I just purchases to go with it so good to look at. And saves so much space in my room now to. Love all the features that come with the smart tv as well. No problems hooking up with WIFI in my house and connecting to internet with facebook, twitter, or any apps at all. And having two free pairs of 3D glasses to boot so I don’t have to buy them separately; nice. Click here for customer reviews!
Sony KDL-40R450A 40-Inch 60Hz 1080p LED HDTV
- Full HD 1080p picture quality
- Direct LED for a bright picture and slim design
- Smooth movement with Motionflow XR 120
- Smartphone ready – TV that?s made for your smartphone
- Crisp detail and contrast with Clear Resolution Enhancer
- TV without stand (Width x Height x Depth): 36.4 X 21.7 X 3.2 Inches, TV with stand (Width x Height x Depth): 36.4 X 22.4 X 7.3 Inches
Customer review: Fantastic TV. The picture is clear, bright and sharp. The colors are natural looking and deep. Even the sound is very good which is surprising for a flat screen TV. The base was easy to put together and it sturdy. The TV itself is very light and easy to move around. And, the price can’t be beat. It is much better than TVs that cost $100-200 more (though it is not wireless nor wireless ready so be aware of this when purchasing).
It is easy to set up and use. There are little or no adjustments needed to the picture as the factory settings are very good (unlike on most other sets I have purchased). This Sony isn’t a Smart TV though so for people who watch Netflix, Amazon, etc. you will need to purchase a separate adapter. This wasn’t a problem for us though since this is in the bedroom where we mostly use On Demand features when not watching regular TV. Also, we have other Smart TVs in the house. I was happy to save the money on the price by not having these features. At 40 inches it is the perfect size for a bedroom TV. This is now “the TV with the best picture in the house” according to my wife who has a much better eye for this than I do! Sony has always made great TVs and this hasn’t changed over the years. Next time I need a TV, I will look at a Sony first. Click here for customer reviews!